Everyone has something important to say. Every person deserves a voice, and they deserve an opportunity for people to hear it.
Speech Generating Device
Speech-generating devices are electronic augmentative and alternative communication (AAC) systems that assist with communication.
Eye Gaze Technology
Eye gaze technology allows people with physical disabilities to use the movements of their eyes to control a communication device or a computer.
Professional tools for intensive practice and effective rehabilitation.
Daily communication apps and tool to build communication skills.
Community integration and social connection with loved ones.
Message Banking and Voice Banking
Message Banking and Voice Banking are ways for individuals who are at risk of losing their voice due to a neurodegenerative condition such as Motor Neuron Disease, to preserve their voice and create a digital version of their voice.
ASSISTIVE TECHNOLOGY CAN HELP YOU IN MANY WAYS!
Examples of work that we do with Assistive Technology:
· Prescribing and implementing a hand-held communication device as a primary means for communication for people with intellectual and social disabilities who are non-verbal and minimally-verbal.
· Prescribing and implementing a head tracking or eye-gaze communication device for people with significant cognitive and physical challenges, such as Motor Neuron Disease, Cerebral Palsy, Rett Syndrome, etc.
· Using technology as a tool with broader application for communication rehabilitation for stroke survivors and people with acquired brain injuries.
· Using technology as a tool with broader application for expanding receptive and expressive language skills for people with limited communication skills.
· Prescribing and implementing communication device and apps for people with neurodegenerative conditions to retain their independence and for advanced care planning that is in line with their values, preferences and wishes, when they are no longer able to do so with their verbal speech.
· Educating individuals to use technology to help them communicate what they wish to share with other people.
· Educating individuals with cognitive challenges to use technology to help them plan their day, organise their schedule, improve memory, etc.
· Community integration and social connection with loved ones in the areas of messaging, texting, social media, etc.
· Providing education and support for people to use their communication devices or apps to interact with friends and families online during video calls, phone calls, etc.
· And many more based on your individual circumstances – please enquire!